The Manager, Website Development
The Manager, Website Development provides high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing customer-facing applications and websites for business clients. Manages a team of web developers (back end and front end) working on multiple projects within the E-Business Center of Excellence, and also plays the role of a hands-on technical lead on project initiatives as needed. Requires a strong background with web-based programming, web content management systems, and knowledge of various IT disciplines. Communicates effectively, while working closely with other groups to coordinate design, development, and testing efforts of assigned application components to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
Strategy & Planning
• Provide guidance and input into Quarterly Work Plans.
• Manage a customer-facing web portfolio across multiple brands
• Research and evaluate new development standards and tools, working with other technology leaders to make decisions.
• Effectively leverage web content management systems to deliver web sites with varying levels of complexity and functionality, including eCommerce.
• Plan and coordinate system upgrades that impact applications, including database, and application and web servers.
• Compile and recommend wants/needs for the annual budgeting process and prepares presentation to senior IT management.
• Determine staffing and skills requirements.
• Drive change.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of new projects and initiatives.
• Mentor and coach team members, including professional apprentices.
• Work with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
• Develop documentation, white papers and presentations to all levels of management and technical staff.
• Provide daily management and leadership to the development team.
• Create and manage development work plan to track all project deliverables and communicate development status within the broader technology team.
• Conduct activities like staffing, performance and resource management, and strategic direction of the team.
• Create and maintain development plans for each team member, including training, skills assessment, career planning, and goal planning.
• Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance and provide feedback and mentoring.
• Manage personal growth objectives for the Team in conjunction with Career Development Office.
• Manage, develop and mentor subordinates toward the building of a strong team.
• Apply resourceful and decisive decision making to achieve goals.
• Lead departmental or divisional meetings as requested.
• Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
• Responsible for hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• On-boarding and off-boarding contractors and other temporary staff as needed.
• Develop prototypes or small application projects as required to meet business demands.
• Contribute to various process improvement initiatives as requested.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Minimal travel is required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 10+ years IT experience in software development and system integration area.
• 4+ years of supervisory experience and/or proven ability to successfully lead projects.
• 6+ years of web development experience, working on application and website projects.
• Experience working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
• Experience leading projects
• Experience with all functions of software development, such as analysis, development, project management and architecture
• Demonstrated track record of success with increasing responsibility and accountability
• Experience developing documentation, white papers and presentations to all levels of management and technical staff.
• Experience generating activity status and metrics reports.
• Experience managing projects with international stakeholders
• Experience working on projects using IBM Websphere Commerce technologies.
• Experience working on projects using IBM Sterling Order Management system.
• Experience working on projects using Oracle Webcenter Sites, Coremedia or Adobe Experience Manager content management systems.
• Agile Methodology experience.
• Proven leadership, strong decision-making, and team management skills.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into application development issues, standards, and products.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks.
• Ability to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Be advised that if you are selected by our client you will need to pass a background and a drug test.