Software Engineer (Embedded)
This position will provide technical support for commercial and government contracts. The selected individual will work as part of an engineering team on a variety of challenging projects and activities focused largely on low level embedded software development spanning the entire engineering lifecycle from research to maintenance. This person will provide support to hardware and verification personnel in support of solution development and production release. Software Engineer should have an interest in wireless communications and embedded systems.
Successful candidate will research, develop, and integrate wireless communications applications and systems on embedded platforms. Software development roles include the implementation in Python/C++ of communications protocols, analysis and modification of existing implementations, as well as integration and testing on existing and new platforms.
- Perform research and technical analysis of embedded low-level code, operating systems and machine-software interfaces
- Develop code using appropriate languages such as Machine, Assembly, C, C++ and Java
- Perform reverse engineering analysis of software
- Disassemble software using tools such as IDAPro
- Three plus years of C/C++, Java experience
- Three plus years of experience in low-level software languages (machine and assembly)
- TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- Experience with low-level development of embedded systems and device drivers especially associated with communications devices (cell phones, wireless routers, etc.)
- Experience in the identification of security vulnerabilities
- Strong knowledge of O/S internals such as threading, interrupts, virtual memory, memory management, and device drivers
- Experience with code optimization and kernel and device driver programming
- Knowledge of complete OSI protocol architecture for wireless systems
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
This is a full-time position with full benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and 401 k with company match.