IT Security Specialist
NC DHHS - Privacy and Security Office (PSO) requiring services of an IT Security Specialist to aid county offices in the identification of gaps through risk management, and assist in the development of mitigation strategies.
NC DHHS - Privacy and Security Office (PSO) requiring services of an IT Security Specialist to aid county offices in the identification of gaps through risk management, assist in the development of mitigation strategies, and to establish the target security/infrastructure architecture.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with current and emerging information security technologies and development methodologies. Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred. Good analytical and creative problem solving skills, and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, with a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Duties include, are not limited to:
- Author corresponding requirements, including definition of dependencies on infrastructure consolidation efforts.
- Define Security/Information Assurance requirements (and dependencies).
- Specify key architectural aspects of the architecture view, and identify other aspects that need definition.
- Research Best Practices for reuse, applying State IT Security and industry standards, and defining the transformation approach that transitions the current architecture to the target architecture.
- Proven experience in delivering projects on-time, within budget, as designed, that meet the customer requirements. - Required
- Demonstrated understanding of the Project Management Knowledge Areas of the PMBOK®, PMI's Project Management Standard, PM tools and templates. - Required
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methodologies is preferred. - Highly desired
- Well versed in delivery of IT projects from requirements, through design, build, test and train. - Required
- Leadership on complex projects. Well-developed facilitation skills are required. - Required
- Utilization of past experience in creative resolution of resource gaps, development of workarounds, and budget shortfalls. - Required
- Consultative services that support the project team, sponsors and other stakeholders on the strategies for moving project forward. - Required
- Ability to work with the customer to build a trusted advisor relationship by applying expertise and knowledge to achieve sustainable results. - Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint - Required
- Experience documenting and managing change requests associated with the project - Required
- Experience managing third party vendors, and senior management - Required
- Current PMP certification is required. - Required