The Project Manager will organize and manage the implementation of the ITS Development and Reorganizational Initiative working with the Core Project Team, Core Policy Team and other groups to plan, identify and track tasks and schedule.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Information Technology Services is embarking on a major initiative to improve policies and practices related to governance, management and security of data and technology. ITS intends to comply with all relevant requirements of ISO 27002 and the other standards and regulations dictated by the Client for higher education. This compliance will encompass all divisions, departments and units of the university. It will include systems hosted on the main campus, at remote locations, and in hosted or cloud environments. The scope of work outlines the objectives and deliverables for the implementation of the information security controls.
This highly visible role will require an experienced, organized Senior PM who has experience managing projects and teams. The Project Manager will organize and manage the implementation of the ITS Development and Reorganizational Initiative. The Project Manager will work with the Core Project Team, Core Policy Team and other groups to plan the project, identify and track tasks, manage the project schedule, and identify and resolve conflicts. The Project Manager will issue regular status reports for each group, an executive status report for senior leaders, and regular reports for the entire campus.
Skill Required / Desired:
- Project management experience - Required
- Experience in large scale, high profile projects - Required
- Experience in managing multiple concurrent and overlapping projects at one time - Required
- Experience documenting policies and procedures - Required
- Experience in managing changes across multiple divisions and departments - Required
- Experience as a project manager in higher educationHighly desired
- PMP Certiication - Highly desired